Monday, September 27, 2021

New Entry: Sam Fender Releases New Single "Spit Of You"

Newcastle indie rock musician Sam Fender has released his new single "Spit Of You".

The song is taken from his upcoming second studio album 'Seventeen Going Under', set to arrive on October 8th through Interscope Records . Pre-order your copy here.

Sam words: “This is one of my favourite songs on the new record, it’s a song about boys and their dads. It’s based around my own relationship with my old man, and how we both struggle as blokes to communicate the way we feel to each other without it becoming a stand off. It’s about how the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, as I get further in to my twenties i see so much of myself in him, especially when it comes to being stubborn. The second half of the song talks about seeing him with my grandma when she passed away, and how I saw him as a son, and how that moment reminded me to make the most of my time with him. If anything, it is a declaration of love for him."

Watch a lyric video below.