Monday, September 27, 2021

White Lies Announce New LP 'As I Try Not To Fall Apart', Stream Title Track

London indie/post punk trio White Lies have announced the release of their sixth studio album 'As I Try Not To Fall Apart'.

The follow-up to 2019's Five, was recorded at Sleeper and Assault & Battery studios in London, with long-term collaborator Ed Buller, and will be out on 18th February 2022 through [PIAS]. Pre-order your copy here.

“We wrote this song quickly, late one night, and often the songs which come quickest are written from the gut and the heart, not with the head,” the band explained in a statement about the title track. “We wanted the melody to feel like a hymn, to give the confessional lyrics weight despite being wrapped up as a pop song. It’s about accepting vulnerability as a man, and knowing it’s ok to be broken. There’s never been a more pressing time to spread the message that it’s ok to not be ok.”

Check out the album's tracklist and watch the video for "As I Try Not To Fall Apart" below.

As I Try Not To Fall Apart Tracklist:
01. Am I Really Going To Die
02. As I Try Not To Fall Apart
03. Breathe
04. I Don’t Want To Go To Mars
05. Step Outside
06. Roll December
07. Ragworm
08. Blue Drift
09. The End
10. There Is No Cure For It


(facebook.com/WhiteLies)

Tags: White Lies