Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Watch: Oscar Lang Unveils Music Video For "21st Century Hobby"

London-based indie/alternative artist Oscar Lang has unveiled the video for his latest single "21st Century Hobby".

The song is part of our current playlist and is taken from his forthcoming debut album 'Chew The Scenery', which will be available on 16th July through Dirty Hit. Pre-order your copy here.

“‘21st Century Hobby’ is a tune based on the idea of society’s obsession with sharing your life online and comparing yourself to other people,” Lang explains in a press release. “There was one point where I was spending 13 hours a week on social media, which equated to about a month every year. That was a really dark time for me – I always thought that it would never affect me, but it took some time to realise that it was subconsciously affecting my mental health.”

“With the ‘21st Century Hobby’ video,” he continued, “I wanted to bring to life the experience of scrolling endlessly on social media into physical characters dancing around me to show the chaos and over-the-top-ness of everyday online activity.”

Watch the video below.