Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Oscar Lang Announces Debut Album ‘Chew The Scenery’, Stream "Stuck"

London-based indie/alternative artist Oscar Lang has announced the release of his debut full-length album 'Chew The Scenery.' 

The 13-track record will be available on 16th July through Dirty Hit. Pre-order your copy here.

Speaking about the album Lang says: “Over the past two years the sound of my music has changed a lot, from bedroom pop to rock. We recorded the album over a month up in Liverpool. It was a nice break away from the tedious lockdown in the UK as I got to spend a month away with my mates doing what I love. I think you can hear that built-up boredom being released on the record.”

About the new single he added: “‘Stuck’ is about the feeling of replaying embarrassing situations in your mind to the point where you feel overwhelmed with all the voices in your head,” he explains. “I spend a lot of the time re-hashing old experiences and often it means I’m a bit spaced out and can’t pay attention to things because I’m so distracted by my own thoughts. I wanted to express that chaos of all those voices running through my head down into a song.”

Check out the album's tracklist and the video for "Stuck", below.

Chew The Scenery tracklist:
01. Our Feature Presentation
02. 21st Century Hobby
03. I Could Swear
04. Stuck
05. Yeah!
06. Headphones
07. Write Me A Letter
08. Intermission
09. Are You Happy
10. Quarter Past Nine
11. Take Time Out
12. Final Call
13. Thank You