Monday, September 17, 2018

Deep Sea Arcade Announce New LP 'Blacklight', Stream "Some Of Us"

Australia indie rock/psych duo Deep Sea Arcade have announced the release of their long-awaiting sophomore album 'Blacklight'.

The follow-up to 2012's Outlands, includes their previously unveiled tracks "Learning To Fly" and "Outlow", it will be out on 26 October through Long Player Records/Universal Music Australia. Pre-order your copy here.

While some of the tracks on the forthcoming album are six years old, Nic McKenzie and Nick Weaver from the band have reportedly discovered a ukulele and paired up with producer Eric J, who has previously worked with Flume and Chet Faker, to embark in a new "funky and groovy and disco" direction.

Speaking about this new direction, singer and lyricist McKenzie said, "On the first album I’d always hide behind something and hide vulnerability, and it left me feeling detached... On this record I feel like I had the balls to actually go, no, I am vulnerable and I’m going to say things about being vulnerable and when I speak to the audience I am that person.”.

The band have also shared their new single "Some Of Us", take a listen below the album's tracklist.

Track list:
01. Close To Me
02. Learning To Fly
03. Oh Julia
04. Make It Real
05. Outlaw
06. Some Of Us
07. Downtown Star
08. Don't Look Back
09. Joanna
10. Ready