Friday, February 11, 2022

Spacey Jane Announce Debut LP 'Sunlight', Stream "Sitting Up"

Perth garage pop/indie rock band Spacey Jane have announced the release of their sophomore full-length album 'Here Comes Everybody'.

The follow-up to 2020's debut Sunlight, first came to life at the start of the lockdowns in 2020, it takes its title from the working title of Wilco’s seminal album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot – Jeff Tweedy himself writing to the band with his blessing to borrow the phrase - and will be out on June 10 via AWAL. Pre-order your copy here.

Lead singer Caleb Harper talks through the themes of Here Comes Everybody. “Our first record (Sunlight) discussed personal experiences of mine and it was a blessing to see how many people related to those stories. I want this record to be for youth persevering and thriving emotionally under the weight of our generational burden made up of climate change, COVID etc. Feeling like you have the responsibility of your entire future on your shoulders without any say in what happens creates anxiety and uncertainty. I think COVID took away the sense of unity that gives young people assurances in such times. I know music isn’t a replacement for taking control and galvanizing positive change, but I hope this record can soundtrack some of those moments in people’s lives.”

New Single ‘Sitting Up’ encapsulates that Spacey Jane sound: crisp, crystalline guitars, indelible pop melodies and a dash of melancholia that seeps through every pore of the track. Caleb’s vocals are vulnerable and yearning as he sings about events close to his heart: " I wrote this about the way I was feeling and behaving when I was in my final semester of uni before dropping out. I left quite unceremoniously by not showing up to any of my final exams or handing in final assessments. I had no idea who I was, I was seriously depressed and completely spinning out. I felt like I’d created this terrible façade of myself for all of these people that I knew and that really I hadn’t been myself around someone or been truthful about my feelings in years. I didn’t care about my life or what I was doing to my body, I thought I was going to end up dead if I didn’t fix something. I felt like I was the only one going through those feelings and even though that wasn’t true, it made me feel so alone."

Check out the album's tracklist and listen to "Sitting Up" below.

Here Comes Everybody Tracklist:
01. Yet
02. Hardlight
03. Clean My Car
04. Haircut
07. Its Been A Long Day
08. Pulling Through
09. Not What You Paid For
10. Head Above
11. Bothers Me
12. Sitting Up



(facebook.com/JaneySpace)

Tags: Spacey Jane