Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Watch: Hembree Air Music Video For "Operators (feat. Bodye)"

Kansas City indie rock/alt band Hembree have aired the video for their newest single "Operators (feat. Bodye)".

The song is part of our  current playlist and came out last week (September 21). Get it here.

Written in their hometown and recorded remotely from home studios during lockdown, “Operators” is the only song of the band’s new releases that is directly about 2020. They'd always wanted to collaborate with their good friend, Bodye, and when Henry Solomon (Haim, Thumpasaurus) joined on saxophone, the track came to life. Vocalist Isaac Flynn has this to say on it:
 
"I wrote it right when all of the protests started in the summer, and the chorus in particular is about when the officers, national guard and even some of the city officials would act like they were with the protestors in solidarity, and then turn around and gas and attack them. That's where the idea of "they're saying: tell me where you want me to be, tell me what you want and you need, you can tell me" originated from. They were acting like they were there to help, but it was all for show. It all felt almost cartoonishly villainous to me. I wanted to reflect that in the lyrics and in the dark, dance heavy groove of the song.

Watch/listen below.



Tags: Hembree