Monday, August 09, 2021

Sea Girls Announce New LP 'Homesick', Stream "Sick"

UK indie rock/alt band Sea Girls have announced the release of their second studio album 'Homesick'.

The follow-up to 2020's debut Open Up Your Head, was written and recorded during the pandemic and will be out on January 14th 2022 through Polydor Records . Pre-order your copy here

Homesick sees the band, Henry Camamile, Rory Young, Andrew Dawson and Oli Khan, deliver thirteen measures of guitar driven pop. A deeply personal record, lead singer Henry Camamile returned to his childhood home in Lincolnshire at the wake of the pandemic, finding himself having to address and reflect on events from his past, both good and bad. A cathartic process, Henry leaves nothing to the imagination with his astute storytelling and candid lyrics. Delving into some of his darkest moments, the uplifting album comes as a sense of relief, a gratefulness for survival. Lyrically raw and packed to the brim with hooks, the band step into new realms with an added sense of maturity and a bigger ambitious sounding record.

Speaking about the new single, vocalist/guitarist Henry Camamile says: “‘Sick’ is me listing things I’m pissed off with and feeling sorry for myself, it’s a growing up song where I realize I’m no longer a young child. It’s me in my bedroom at home ranting with my thoughts and going down the hole of being pissed. I am sick of everything - from things I used to love through to things that feel vacuous, like consuming and buying. All these emotions are piling up and it's me just asking for a reset, a childish solution.”

Check out the album's tracklist and watch a lyric video for "Sick" below.

Homesick tracklist:
01. Hometown
02. Sick
03. Lonely
04. Someone's Daughter Someone's Son
05. Sleeping With You
06. Paracetomol Blues
07. Again Again
08. Lucky
09. Higher
10. Cute Guys
11. Friends
12. Watch Your Step (deluxe edition bonus track)
13. I Got You (deluxe edition bonus track)



(facebook.com/sonicseagirls)

Tags: Sea Girls