Friday, October 09, 2020

Watch: Yore Reveals New Single/Video "Hawing (feat. Rakel Mjöll)"

Yore, the solo project from London based musician and producer Callum Brown, has revealed his new single "Hawing", featuring Dream Wife’s Rakel Mjöll Leifsdóttir.

As we transition into autumn, this is a dream pop song for sweater weather. This is ahead of his debut self-titled album out on 4th December via FLAT FIVE Records.

On ‘Hawing’, Callum said: “I wrote this whilst on tour with Ulrika (Spacek), I think we were travelling through Switzerland during Summer and I had my laptop in the front of the van. I felt inspired by the scenery and the freeing feeling of being on the road travelling. As cliche as it might sound I just intuitively came up with something that felt very Summery & bright. 

I’ve known Rakel from Dream Wife for a few years and she has an incredibly versatile voice, we tracked the vocals at our rehearsal space in Hackney a few years back & ended up working with the first initial melodies she came up with. I gave her roam to write whatever sprung to mind & it fit the mood of the song perfectly. I just wanted to make a dreamy pop song & I think it encapsulates that feeling.” 

Grab it here and take a listen below.


(facebook.com/yoremusicuk)