Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Stats Announce New LP 'Powys 1999', Stream "Naturalise Me"

London alt/disco/punk funk/pop band Stats have announced the release of their sophomore album 'Powys 1999'.

The follow-up to last year's debut Other People's Lives, will be out on November 13th via Memphis Industries, featuring their new single "Naturalise Me". Pre-order your copy here.

About the new song, lead singer Ed Seed says: "Growing up I felt like I didn’t fit in or belong where I was born and raised. I’m sure a lot of people feel this way. When it comes to the countryside we often talk about the natural - and by implication the unnatural - as if we are talking about the real, and by implication the fake. I felt somehow fake in Powys as a born incomer, un-local, neither Welsh nor English. But by looking at the landscape I started to realise the construction and extraction behind it, and the myth of its naturalness."

On the album, he comments: "Powys 1999 was recorded at a residential studio near Powys. I knew we had to go back to Wales to make this album. I also knew I didn't want it to be sunny and meaninglessly pretty. It had to be October, when the weather's unpredictable. I wanted the band to be able to step outside and feel that."

"This record isn’t exactly about Powys or 1999, but I was reaching for that landscape and thinking about some of the people who I grew up with, and especially the different reasons people came from elsewhere to live there." He added.

Check out the tracklist and watch a lyric video for "Naturalise Me" below.

Powys 1999 Tracklist:
01. Come With Me
02. On The Tip Of My Tongue
03. Old Flames
04. Naturalise Me
05. Kiss Me Like It’s Over
06. Out Of Body
07. Travel With Me Through This Ghost World
08. Innocence
09. The Truth Is Naked
10. If Only


(facebook.com/statsstatsstats)

Tags: Stats