Thursday, July 14, 2022

Child Seat Unveil New Single/Video "Off With a Bang"


Los Angeles indie pop/rock duo Child Seat, made up of Madeleine Mathews (MAWD) and Josiah Mazzaschi (Light FM, Bizou), have unveiled their new single "Off With a Bang", and its accompanying music video.

The song is out today (July 14) now via Moonboot! Records and is taken from their forthcoming debut album set for release on August 5th. Get it here.

“I was stuck in an emotional destructive cycle of manipulation (many times in life) and the other person painted me as the bad guy to all of the people around them to make themselves feel/look better,” Mathews explains. “Though the things they said weren’t true. It’s not until I realized I wasn’t the problem, that I felt truly empowered. When I finally saw that I’d been fed poison/lies all along, it completely altered my perception of the person and situation. It created a new sense of self-wort and that definitely comes with being naive and going through growing pains of life.

“After pulling the wool from my eyes, I felt empowered and though its a bit exaggerated, I took on this idea of wanting to be a femme fatale – seeking revenge. Not actually through violence, but through continuing to be successful in life, love, and leaving the shitty people behind.” 

Watch/listen below.

Tags: Child Seat