Monday, May 16, 2022

Watch: Cola Release New Single/Video "Fulton Park"


Canadian indie rock/alt Cola have released the video for their new single "Fulton Park".

The song is taken from their debut full-length album 'Deep in View', out this Friday, May 20th via Fire Talk & Next Door. Pee-order it here.

Cola is the new project from former Ought members Tim Darcy and Ben Stidworthy and US Girls/The Weather Station drummer Evan Cartwright.

Speaking about the song, Tim says: "Ben and I had a flow writing this record where we would send each other demos every Friday.  It was a really motivating way to write, as I would spend the week working on something but then get the bonus of hearing what Ben had written when I sent him my track.  I heard Fulton Park and was immediately excited to work on vocals for it.  It’s such an interesting instrumental.  These lush almost psychedelic guitars in the intro and chorus are paired with this really stripped down almost honky tonk verse.  It conjured in my mind this kind of old west imagery.  I suppose looking back on the lyrics now, that same kind of juxtaposition is present.  Similar to Landers, it takes a look at the natural world and then the odd, magical, sometimes empty things that humans do on that landscape."

Watch/listen below.