Thursday, February 17, 2022

Watch: Sam Jr Drops New Single/Video "Sweet Face (ft. Tess Parks)"

Canadian psych rock/alt musician Sam Jr (guitarist for anthemic indie rock band Broken Social Scene) has dropped the video for his new single "Sweet Face" featuring vocals from Brian Jonestown Massacre collaborator Tess Parks.

The song is taken from their upcoming self-titled debut album, which will be available on March 10th through Arts & Crafts. Pre-order your copy here.

The shoegaze-inspired track shares similarities with spaces-out forefathers The Jesus & Mary Chain and Sonic Youth with a repetitious and hypnotizing lyrics “come on, baby, come on” lulling the listener into a rock’n roll trance.

Speaking about it, he says: "As my album approached mixing time I realized that I needed to have another voice on one of the songs to add some other colors. It actually had too much of me. “Sweet Face” was a song I felt would be a good candidate for a collaboration. I was stumped as to who to reach out to so I sent a smoke signal to "mr i know everyone" Brendan Canning and he said "Tess Parks would work really well on this song." I emailed her and she wrote back: "Hey! This song rules, I’m so down!" so that made my day. Her voice is so unique. Low and raspy with so much character. She makes the song."

Watch/listen below.