Monday, February 07, 2022

New Entry: Palm Friends Drop New Single "Hidden Perks"

Minneapolis-based alternative band Palm Friends have dropped their new single "Hidden Perks".

The song is taken from their forthcoming new EP 'The Delivery', which will be available on March 24. Pre-order your copy here.

“Hidden Perks” is an older track, originally written by Jesse while he was still living in New York. Jesse gave the song to Shawnna, who rewrote the lyrics and melody, changing the nature and feel, balancing joy with a tinge of sadness and an understanding of the difficulties of the world but a determination to find happiness wherever it’s available. Over a mid-tempo indie-rock beat, Shawnna sings, “I fight time in the back of my head/ Trying to make me boring.”

“‘Hidden Perks’ is about how I figured that as I got older I would become a better and better version of myself because I would learn more and learn more lessons,” says Shawnna. “And I came to realize I was really admiring my former self and striving to be someone I was before.”

Watch/listen below.