Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Watch: Sleaford Mods Drop "I Don't Rate You (Orbital Remix)"

Nottingham indie rock/punk duo Sleaford Mods (aka Jason Williamson and Andrew Fearn) have  dropped the video for the Orbital remix of their track "I Don't Rate You".

I Don't Rate You Orbital & Extnddntwrk remixes is out now, get it here. The original version of the song is taken from their sixth studio album 'Spare Ribs', released earlier this year via Rough Trade. 

Orbital made most other contemporaries look daft in the early days of dance music. You couldn’t even begin to figure out where they were coming from. It totally belonged to them at that time and indeed carried on being so. 

I Don’t Rate You, for me, was inspired by early rave, The Prodigy and Orbital, LFO. That’s the vibe I got when Andrew sent the music through. We both use the benchmark of this kind of music when assessing what’s going to be the best formula for hard hitting tunes. You can’t mess with it. And now we have a remix by one of these hard hitters. It’s proper.

Watch/listen below.