Friday, September 17, 2021

Watch: TRAITRS Premiere New Single/Video "Mouth Poisons"

Canadian post punk/darkwave duo TRAITRS have premiered the video for their new single "Mouth Poisons".

The song is taken from their forthcoming new album 'Horses In The Abattoir', which will be available on November 19 through Berlin-based label Freakwave Records. Pre-order your copy here.

“The core sketch of this song was written late at night at a very good friend’s place in Frankfurt, Germany. ‘Mouth Poisons’ is an extremely personal song and lyrically I set myself up as the main target. It carries an air of ‘come see what’s going inside of me that wants to burn down everything in sight’. Definitely my favourite single we have ever released to date," says Shawn Tucker.

“‘Mouth Poisons’ was initially supposed to be a fast, angular punk track and it remained in this form for several months until Shawn wrote the bass guitar part and completely changed the way I heard the song. His melodic bass line brought out a sadness and vulnerability in the track that I didn’t know was there. All of a sudden this frantic punk song sounded more like The Smiths or New Order, so I completely rewrote my synth part to tease out those elements even more. The break before the outro is one of my favourite parts on the album," says Sean-Patrick Nolan.

Watch/listen below.



Tags: TRAITRS