Monday, September 27, 2021

New Entry: Holm Unveils New Single "Intelligent Moves"

Holm the solo project by Mikkel Holm Silkjær (from Danish indie rock band Yung) has unveiled his new single "Intelligent Moves".

The song is taken from his forthcoming debut studio album 'Why Don't You Dance', which will be available on November 12 through PNKSLM Recordings. Pre-order your copy here.

Recorded by Yung bandmate Tobias Guldborg Tarp (who co-produced alongside Neil Robert Young), Why Don’t You Dance is the sound of Silkjær stepping away from his group’s predilection for taut rock and roll and instead embracing a different side of his musical personality, one defined by his sharp ear for a hook, as well as - crucially - his burgeoning ability as an expressive lyricist.

Mikkel words: "Often I find myself repeating the same routines, week in and week out. Through repetition I’ve settled and come to terms with life as is has presented itself to me. At the time Intelligent Moves was conceived I found myself in a strange state where I had just started to realise that my own self-perception was the cause of me neglecting the importance of my own wellbeing. Detaching yourself from a naive or toxic perception of life can, for a number of reasons, be incredibly hard, but nonetheless very important, in order to move forward towards a more sustainably way of dealing with everyday life. The song title and the lyrics in Intelligent Moves contemplate these thoughts."

Take a listen below.



Tags: Holm