Thursday, June 17, 2021

Watch: Death By Denim Unleash "Small World" Music Video

Perth-based rock/synth/indie band Death By Denim have unleashed the video for their newest single "Small World".

The song is part of our current playlist and is the first taste of their forthcoming sophomore album. Buy it here.

‘I’m in my room, my bank account is quite low, I’m cut up over a relationship ending, lacking self-esteem, a bit sick and just generally trying to figure out what I’m doing with my life. Things haven’t gone the way I wanted in certain areas – so I wrote this song,’ says lead guitarist and songwriter Palle Mazzulla. ‘I am very fortunate that my problems don’t compare to what’s going on in the world right now thanks to the pandemic, but they still feel heavy.’

‘Small World’ is the band’s first release of 2021 and showcases a step up in emotional maturity for the group. Tapping into feelings of social anxiety and inadequacy, the song explores the crushing weight that a failure to confront personal issues can have on a person’s psyche.

‘For this new release we really focused on getting back in touch with what’s going on in all of our lives, getting more personal with our lyrics and have them shine through,’ says Palle. ‘Small World really stood out in the studio and the addition of a 12-string guitar was something we hadn’t done before. Nik fully explored his vocal range before the last chorus and just poured his heart into the whole performance,’ he adds.

Watch/listen below.



(facebook.com/deathbydenimband)

Tags: Death By Denim