Thursday, April 22, 2021

New Entry: We Were Promised Jetpacks Reveal New Single "If It Happens"

Edinburgh, Scotland alt/pop band We Were Promised Jetpacks have revealed their new single "If It Happens".

The song features on their new 7” single, set to arrive on 29th June via Big Scary Monsters. Pre-order here.

This new track signifies a change in musical direction for the band. ‘If It Happens’ is all at once grand yet restrained – sonically reflective of its lyrical examination of the bigger picture of life and how that can be boiled down to a simple phrase; “If it happens, it happens.” 

Lead singer Adam Thompson explains:“I feel that ‘If It Happens’ expresses a lot about what I had been trying to get across to myself. It was all part of my new mindset of trying to be more positive about what I have and not always thinking about what I don’t. It’s about embracing the idea of happiness, doing what you can to encourage it and generally be a lot more ‘c’est la vie’ about everything. If it happens, it happens; if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. What can you do?”

Take a listen below.


(facebook.com/wewerepromisedjetpacks)