Friday, March 12, 2021

Watch: SPINN Premiere "BILLIE" (feat Yumi Zouma) Music Video

Liverpool indie pop/dream pop/jangle band SPINN have premiered the video for their newest single "BILLIE".

The song is part of our current playlist and is out now. Get it here.

Featuring a vocal contribution from Christie Simpson of Yumi Zouma, lead singer Johnny Quinn explains: “With social media there is a lot of pressure on us and our relationships to be ideal; but obviously neither of these things are perfect – that’s what Billie is about. It’s somebody who is reflecting on a relationship that’s ended and realising that it wasn’t perfect and nor are they. They’re coming to an understanding that no matter how hard we try, our lives don’t always work out the way we plan. There’s a good life lesson in there, somewhere.”

“I’ve been a fan of Yumi Zouma for a while, so I was made-up when Christie agreed to sing with me. We’ve only met once and I was really nervous as I’m such a big fan, but she was really great and chatty. I was blown away when I heard her sing ‘Billie’ in the studio and after a year of not touring, I was almost embarrassed to sing along with her – she blew me out the water!”





(facebook.com/spinnband)

Tags: SPINN