Thursday, August 20, 2020

New Entry: Nation Of Language Share "Gouge Away" (Pixies cover)

Brooklyn post punk/new wave/synth-pop outfit Nation Of Language have shared their cover version of Pixies' "Gouge Away".

The song is available now on all streaming platforms, and the 7" vinyl will be out on November 11 featuring an original b-side "One More Try". Pre-order it here.

“When Aidan suggested ‘Gouge Away’ I was immediately struck by how badly I wanted to rework it in our style, and the whole song mapped itself out in my head right away,” vocalist Ian Devaney says. “I didn’t let myself listen to the original from then until it was fully recorded so I might forget certain details about it, leaving only my impression of it’s foundational elements – the way the quiet, unsettling verses give way to the savage choruses, the way the big transitional guitar line overwhelms you every time it happens.”

The band released their highly-anticipated debut album 'Introduction, Presence', in May this year. Get it here if you haven't already.

Take a listen below.


(facebook.com/nationoflanguage)

Tags: Nation Of Language