Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Watch: Nite Reveal "Sleepless Through The Night" Music Video

Dallas indie pop/electro duo Nite (aka twin brothers Kyle and Myles Mendes) have revealed the video for their latest single "Sleepless Through The Night".

The song is part of our current playlist and is taken from their third studio album 'Sleepless', released last month (April 17)  via Cleopatra Records. Buy it here.

About the track Myles Mendes told V13: "I wrote this song while living in a small, one bedroom apartment. It was my first apartment, and I wasn’t used to hearing my neighbours through the walls yet. I overheard a few arguments, and it inspired me to write this song. It’s about making peace with someone you love before the day is gone, even if finding peace takes all night.”

“Musically, I was inspired by the songwriting style of Fleetwood Mac and The Police, if they were produced by Saint Pepsi (Skylar Spence). After a show, we were once coined as ‘The Gothic Beach Boys’ because we use a lot of harmonies in our music so I really wanted this song to capitalize on that idea. This happened to be the first song we wrote for the album and we decided it should be the title track, but didn’t want the title to be too long, so we settled on calling the album Sleepless. We played it for the first time at the 2018 Cleopatra SXSW showcase."

Watch/listen below.


(facebook.com/wearethenite)

Tags: Nite