Wednesday, July 24, 2019

DIIV Announce New LP 'Deceiver', Stream "Skin Game"

New York haze pop/dream pop band DIIV have announced the release of their third studio album album 'Deceiver'.

The follow-up to 2016's Is The Is Are, was recorded Deceiver in March 2019 in Los Angeles with producer Sonny Diperri (who has worked with My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails and Protomartyr), and will be out on October 4 via Captured Tracks. Pre-order your copy here.

The record is described as “the soundtrack to personal resurrection under the heavy weight of metallic catharsis, upheld by robust guitars and vocal tension that almost snaps, but never quite.”

The band have also shared their new single “Skin Game”, speaking about it, the band’s lead vocalist and guitarist Zachary Cole Smith, said:

It’s an imaginary dialogue between two characters, which could either be myself or people I know. I spent six months in several different rehab facilities at the beginning of 2017. I was living with other addicts. Being a recovering addict myself, there are a lot of questions like, “Who are we? What is this disease?” Our last record was about recovery in general, but I truthfully didn’t buy in. I decided to live in my disease instead. “Skin Game” looks at where the pain comes from. I’m looking at the personal, physical, emotional, and broader political experiences feeding into the cycle of addiction for millions of us.

Check out the album's tracklist and stream the new single below.

Deceiver Track Listing
01. Horsehead
02. Like Before You Were Born
03. Skin Game
04. Between Tides
05. Taker
06. For the Guilty
07. The Spark
08. Lorelei
09. Blankenship
10. Acheron



(facebook.com/diivnyc)

Tags: DIIV