Thursday, July 25, 2019

Black Marble Announces New LP 'Bigger Than Life', Shares "One Eye Open"

Brooklyn, NY // L.A synth-wave artist Black Marble (aka Chris Stewart) has announced the release of his third studio album 'Bigger Than Life'.

The follow-up to 2016's It's Immaterialwill be out on October 25th through Sacred Bones Records, featuring his excellent new single "One Eye Open". Pre-order it here

“The album comes out of seeing and experiencing a lot of turmoil but wanting to create something positive out of it,” Stewart explains. “I wanted to take a less selfish approach on this record. Maybe I’m just getting older, but that approach starts to feel a little self-indulgent. Like, ‘Oh, look at me I’m so complicated, I get that life isn’t fair,’ It’s like, yeah, so does everyone. So with this record, it’s less about how I see things and more about the way things just are. Seeing myself as a part of a lineage of people trying to do a little something instead of trying to create a platform for myself individually.”

As with every Black Marble album, Stewart recorded, produced, and played everything you hear on Bigger Than Life using entirely analog gear, though the process was new. This time around, he wrote everything on his MPC and sequenced it live to his synths — only using the computer to record, not to create. “I try new approaches every time, which helps me stay engaged but also its kind of a trick I play on the creative side of my brain,” Stewart says. “Keeping one side of my mind busy on organizational creativity I think frees up the other side where the inspirational creativity comes from.”

Check out the album's tracklist and watch the video for "One Eye Open", below.

Bigger Than Life Tracklist:
01. Never Tell
02. One Eye Open
03. Daily Driver
04. Feels
05. The Usual
06. Grey Eyeliner
07. Bigger Than Life
08. Private Show
09. Shoulder
10. Hit Show
11. Call


(facebook.com/blackmarblenyc)

Tags: Black Marble