Monday, January 28, 2019

New Entry: Teen Body Air New Single "Validation"

Brooklyn, NY dream-pop band Teen Body have aired their new single "Validation"

The song is taken from the band's upcoming sophomore album 'Dreamo', which will be out on April 12th via Broken Circles.

Singer/bassist Alexander French said of the song: "This is definitely a track about the pitfalls of being an artist. I’m picturing creativity like an engine that occasionally needs some form of outside reinforcement to keep moving. That’s kind of how the chorus goes; you have the inertia of motivation and the resistance of frustration playing on each other. You can get a fair amount of satisfaction from writing songs in your room alone, but in my experiences, it always ends up being a zero-sum game if people don’t hear it. Then you fall into an existential pit of despair and question all your life decisions that led to you being an artist. It’s funny cause our guitarist Bush HATES it and thinks it’s like, “oh I’m just pining for validation meh look at me” but I guess I never tried explaining the song to him."

Take a listen below.



(facebook.com/teenbodymusic)

Tags: Teen Body