Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Watch: Geotic Premieres Music Video For New Single "Gondolier"

Los Angeles electronic/ambient artist Geotic (aka Baths' Will Wiesenfeld side-project) has premiered the video for his catchy new single "Gondolier".

The song is taken from the upcoming album 'Traversa', out October 19. Pre-order your copy here.

"Gondolier" explores the concept of misunderstandings within a relationship, that can lead to jarring ends. As with the remainder of the album, Wiesenfeld is singing on "Gondolier" about the relationship of travel and adventure as something occasionally isolating, while maintaining a sense of exploration within those feelings of loneliness. Sonically, it boasts a simple, repetitive melody to nautically themed lyrics referencing boats, docks, and lighttowers, like what happens when ships pass in the night with no awareness of each other. Those lyrics build tension with each new verse: "I caught you where the boats get tied/ Off to live a different live/ I knew, I felt myself get angry," Wiesenfeld sings, accusatory and betrayed in one verse, before growing sadder and more internal in the next: "I caught you where the boats sail off/ Like you tied me to the dock/ I fold, I felt the world desert me."

The video was directed by Will Wiesenfeld, Mario Luna and Shannon Pollak.. Watch it below.


()