Friday, June 14, 2013

Miles Kane To Release New Song Written With Alex Turner

Miles Kane revealed that he has teamed up with Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner to write a new track titled "Get Right" together and that it will be the B-side for a future Kane single.

Speaking to Music Week, Kane said: 

“I was in LA with him about a month ago. I’d just been through this break up and was feeling a bit down. We were in this club, messing around with this idea called ‘Get Right’. We recorded it two days later, I brought it home and finished it and I’m putting it on as a B-side for my single. It’s great, man.”

The track will be the first fruits of Kane and Turner’s collaborative talents since The Last Shadow Puppets 2008 debut album ‘The Age Of The Understatement‘. 

According to what he said to NME, Kane remains confident that they will eventually write a new LP together once their respective diaries allow it: "I think the plan is to release something again, for sure. Since we did that, Alex Turner has been busy and I had to find my feet with being on my own. If it comes after the end of this cycle and the end of his next record we'll probably be both ready and really up for it. It's just on the sidelines, there's nothing written for it."