Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bjork Working On New Album

Icelandic singer-songwriter Bjork is working on her new album, which was partly inspired by the National Geographic.

Speaking to Icelandic newspaper Fréttablaðið, the extravert singer claimed that a follow up to 2007's 'Volta' was well under way. Continuing, Bjork alluded to potential tour dates. "Hopefully I will be able to be on tour in the fall," she said.

The singer refused to be drawn on the exact details of the new album, claiming that she was superstitious about giving too many details away. "I have had some bad experiences with a number of things before. I'm very superstitious. I go into the studio with a plan to go do what I have in mind, and then the idea is half dead" she explained.

Recently attending a National Geographic conference, the singer came away inspired to write a song. "I saw 100 talks and met eccentric people who had been in Africa for four years with lions and insects," she said. "Then one night after drinking whiskey with them I began to hear stories. This is one of the collaborations I can talk about."

Bjork's new album is rumoured to be set for a late 2011 release.