Friday, April 13, 2012

Public Image Ltd. Unveil New Album Tracklist

Public Image Ltd. have confirmed the tracklisting for their comeback album 'This Is PiL'.

The release marks the band’s first album of new material since 1992′s ‘That What Is Not‘, and is to be issued through their own PiL Official label on May 28th.

John Lydon words about the album: “Well, 12 songs, where do I begin? Everything and anything that attracts my attention. ‘One Drop’ is about my early youth in Finsbury Park. Fantastic! Hello, we’re all teenagers don’t you forget it! At any age, stay young. ‘Lollipop Opera’ is basically a beautiful bunch of background noise and music to sum up Britain and all its wonderful ambidextrousness! ‘The Room I Am In’ well that’s about drugs and council flats. And there’s a tragedy that still continues. ‘I Must Be Dreaming’ Well, you know, I must be to put up with these governments.”

The tracklisting for 'This Is PiL' is as follows:

1. This Is PiL
2. One Drop
3. Deeper Water
4. Terra-Gate
5. Human
6. I Must Be Dreaming
7. It Said That
8. The Room I Am In
9. Lollipop Opera
10. Fool
11. Reggie Song
12. Out Of The Woods

The release of the album will be preceded by an EP, entitled 'One Drop' on April 21st as part of this year’s Record Store Day initiative.

'This Is PiL' will be released on May 26th through PiL's own label PiL Official.