Monday, August 08, 2022

Gemma Cullingford Drops "New Day (Rodney Cromwell Daydreamer Remix)


UK electronic/dark disco artist Gemma Cullingford (one half of electronic post-punk duo Sink Ya Teeth) has dropped the Rodney Cromwell Daydreamer Remix of her latest single "New Day".

The original version of the song is taken from her sophomore album 'Tongue Tied' set to be released on September 2. Get it here.

Rodney Cromwell has given the track an ethereal dreampop reinterpretation, using vintage ARP synths, melodica and a DR55 drum machine. 

"As soon as I heard the track I loved it and knew the vocal would lean really to a dreampop reinterpretation. I busted out my faithful Boss DR-55 drum machine, stuck some chorus on the bass and re-imagined the song as something from New Order's 'Movement' had Gillian been on lead vocals and Robin Guthrie had been on guitar. And I think it's lo-fi enough as well to still be undeniably Rodney Cromwell" 

Stream it below.

Tags: Gemma Cullingford