Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Watch: She's In Parties Release New Single/Video "Angelic"


Essex-based dreampop/shoegaze band 
She's In Parties have released the video for their dreamy new single "Angelic".

Speaking about it, lead singer Katie Dillon says: “I started with a melody, and as I was singing, the lyrics were just sort of coming out. Usually this happens because there is a theme going on in my life or others around me. I started with the lyric 'my soul’s washed away on this planet', and then 'lucky for you, you’re so manly' and it started to become a song about how women can be disrespected and treated quite badly...”

"I had seen a friend of mine getting played around by this guy, and also anytime I would go to this pub, the owner would be specifically weird with me. It is obviously the same for a lot of women in general life, where men think they can just stare at you on a train or touch you uninvited in a club. The idea for this whole song was to talk to men directly, it’s a message to respect women. It’s also a message for female-identifying people to really take a look at yourself and see that you are this divine being, and no one can take that away from you, specifically men. We are all angelic, not because a man sees you that way but because you see yourself that way."

Revealed first by their name, which is taken from the title of a Bauhaus song, the band are connected via their shared love of 80s and 90s shoegaze and alternative scenes. Where luminaries like the Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, and The Cranberries are obvious touchpoints - Katie also cites Wolf Alice, Paramore and Hayley Williams newer solo releases as her contemporary songwriting heroes.

Get the song here and watch the video below.

Tags: She's in Parties