Friday, April 08, 2022

Watch: Jesse D'Kora Airs New Single/Video "dont fool with a phantom"


UK-based dream pop/lo-fi/indie artist Jesse D'Kora (aka Dan Parker from Juliper Sky and Affairs) has aired the video for his new single "dont fool with a phantom".

Spesking about it, D'Kora says: "I wanted to make a song that made me feel like I was back in the 90s watching cartoons again. Inspired by those early mornings as a child in front of the tv with some sort of ridiculously unhealthy and tasty cereal, the title of this track is taken from an original classic Scooby Doo episode. Looking back I find the idea of chasing and unmasking the bad guys for them to only turn out to be someone you know and don’t expect strangely parallel in adult life. Specifically with the new age anonymity that the internet brings, I decided this song is for the trolls. So any internet trolls out there, this ones for you! ;)

Musically it's similar to many of my other tracks; it's got the jangling guitars, surfing drums, washed out vocals and to the point structure. On its own, I think it's a track that wants to chase you down a hallway lined with doors, for you to go in one door and come out of another and let chased become the chaser… or something like that!"

I would definitely say this is a mood song for driving, so get the car running!"

Get it here and take a listen below.