Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Watch: BODEGA Share Music Video For "How Can I Help Ya?"


New York art-rock/punk band BODEGA have shared the video for their latest single "How Can I Help Ya?".

The song is part of our current playlist and is taken from their forthcoming second full-length album 'Broken Equipment', which will be out on March 11 2022 via WYR? Pre-order your copy here.

Of the track, BODEGA's Ben Hozie writes: "‘How Can I Help Ya?’ was the last track I wrote for the album after all the other tracks had been recorded. I felt like the cinema of the record was missing a certain kind of scene: one where I could give myself and the broken world the benefit of the doubt. We have it start the b-side of the vinyl which is very different than the a-side. The wonder wounded conscious-troubled protagonist of ‘Thrown’ now seeks to voice grace instead of analysis and condemnation. The band matches this new tone with playful, early Beatles-inspired power pop. When we worked out the arrangement, Tai and Adam’s groove and Dan Ryan’s riffs came together almost as quickly as the lyrics. The same is often as true of song as of living: when you try hard you die hard."

Aptly enough, coming alongside word of BODEGA's return to these shores this autumn, 'How Can I Help Ya?' is accompanied by a video shot across the band's recent UK/EU run that hits at the heart of what a fun, powerful live act they've become. Hozie adds, "James Winstanley shot tons of great camcorder footage during our current tour that I edited in the back of the van in between shows. This has been by far our best tour yet ----> The crowds have been so great and the band is having a blast."

Watch the clip below.


(facebook.com/BODEGABK)

Tags: Bodega