Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Watch: BODEGA Reveal New Single/Video "Statuette On the Console"

New York art-rock/punk band BODEGA have revealed the video for their new single "Statuette On the Console".

The song is taken from their forthcoming second full-length album 'Broken Equipment', which will be out on March 11 2022 via WYR? Pre-order your copy here.

Speaking about it, Nik E Iki writes: "‘Statuette on the Console’ is a celebration of shedding other people’s ideology. When writing the song I was trying to understand myself by exploring my values, but I could only come up against what I was not. The ability to believe and the comfort of ideology or isms is not one I have within me although as the song says, I myself live by my own inherited platitudes."

'Statuette on the Console' comes accompanied by a video directed by Nik E Iki that pokes fun at our dependence on fragile, fleeting technology. She offers:

"I have a certain reverence for the symbols of religion; creating iconography with antiquated technology is a big part of my process for the art of BODEGA. For the song’s accompanying music video, I cast myself as the titular statuette on the console, miming the song on top of an old television set, wearing a halo made out of a laser disc. I also created a giant iPhone dongle out of cardboard, fabric and pillow stuffing. In our tech-obsessed world, the dongle is a symbol with godlike powers of animating silence. I see something tragic in the fragility of these dongles and our dependence on them. It’s only a matter of days before they become broken equipment."

Watch/listen below.


(facebook.com/BODEGABK)

Tags: Bodega