Thursday, December 02, 2021

Watch: Teenage Sequence Airs New Single/Video "The City Is Hungover"

London-based dance/disco/punk artist Teenage Sequence (aka Dewan-Dean Soomary) has aired the video for his new single "The City Is Hungover".

The double A-side single 'All This Art/The City Is Hungover', is out now via Get Better Records. Buy it here.

‘The City Is Hungover’ is the first song Soomary finished for TEENAGE SEQUENCE that made him feel like the project finally made sense to him. “I wrote 'The City Is Hungover' one Saturday morning whilst out for a run. I was living in Hackney Wick and the streets were littered with NOS canisters and empty beer cans and I found it interesting that it felt like the whole place was hungover, even the inanimate stuff of the cityscape,” Soomary reflects. “Originally I wrote it from a pretty smug perspective and the lyrics came together quickly - too quickly in fact - which made me realise that in some way, shape or form I had been guilty of everything I mention in the song!”

Watch/listen below.