Monday, November 22, 2021

Watch: Molly Nilsson Reveals New Single/Video "Pompeii"

Swedish-born Berlin-based synth pop artist Molly Nilsson has revealed the video for her new single "Pompeii".

The song is taken from her forthcoming album 'Extreme', which will be out on January 15th 2022 via Dark Skies Association and Night School Records. Pre-order your copy here.

Written and recorded during lockdown, Pompeii symbolises the yearning lovers feel to live forever in a perfect moment in time in the face of impending doom. The desire to be frozen in an embrace, but to also escape it.  “I’d say I love you but then I catch my breath, because whatever I love I always love it to death…” the lyrics of Pompeii are heavy with a transcendent sadness, an aching poetry that cuts to the truth like the best Leonard Cohen lines. Sung by Molly Nilsson, however, they’re laced with an uplifting love lit by the dying embers of a romance.

Watch/listen below.