Thursday, May 06, 2021

New Entry: Whimsical Reveal New Single "Gravity"

Indiana shoegaze/dream pop band Whimsical have released the video for their latest single "Gravity".

The song is taken from the 7" 'Gravity' b/w "Float", will be out on June 4th via Shelflife Records. Pre-order it here.

Band member Neil Burkdoll explains: "“Gravity” was actually supposed to be on our last album, Bright Smiles & Broken Hearts, but I couldn't find a way to finish it in time. In the end, I ended up erasing everything I had previously recorded and started over again. I had already purchased some new musical gear and felt that it had updated our sound. Although I don't think anyone would notice the influence, my initial idea for the song was to write something with the energy of “The Baby Screams” by The Cure. Of course “Gravity” sounds nothing like “The Baby Screams”, but that was the original inspiration for picking-up my acoustic and starting a new song."

Take a lsiten below.



Tags: Whimsical