Thursday, May 20, 2021

New Entry: SYBS Share New Single "Llygaid"

Cardiff post punk/indie rock band SYBS have shared their new single "Llygaid".

The song will be out on June 4 through Libertino Records. 

‘Llygaid’ is an exhilarating change of pace for a band whose adrenaline fulled anthems have made them one of Wales’ most exciting acts. Here Osian (Singer / Guitarist) and the band take us down a more reflective, jangly and at times bucolic and beautifully melancholic road.....plus it has Tubular Bells on it, an EXTRA reason to love it unconditionally!!

Osian explains the background to ‘Llygaid’: “I wrote this song during my first year of Uni, and was definitely a change of pace for me writing wise. A lot of the songs I was writing at the time where very dancey and energetic so it felt good to do a song that was more inward looking, and the lyrics definitely reflect this and generally encapsulate those last few weeks of my first year in uni.
 
It’s really weird listening back to this one because we recorded the final bits and bobs literally a day before I went home for lockdown, a little over a year ago, which makes it even more nostalgic to me. Hopefully I’ll get to make some more memories playing this song live very soon!”

Take a listen below.



Tags: SYBS