Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Watch: Noon Garden Reveals New Single/Video "Decca Divine"

Noon Garden, the solo project of Flamingods member Charles Prest, has released the video for their new single "Decca Divine".

The song "a love letter to all the vibrant African disco and funk of the 70s and 80s", is out today (April 28) and is the lead single from his forthcoming debut album due out November 2021 via The Liquid Label. Get it here.

Noon Garden says of the single: "Sonically this is the most I’ve ever drawn on my African heritage and love for African music. I was obsessed with Charly Kingson’s track ‘Nimele Bolo’ for a time which has such an infectious, repetitive bass line and groove that I wanted to explore something similar myself. Musicians like Nigerian funk master William Onyeabor influenced all the bright synth work and I even named the song after a popular recording studio in Lagos called Decca Studios where a lot of my favourite African artists like the Lijadu Sisters, Obenezer Obey and King Sunny Ade recorded albums. Lyrically it’s a celebration of ambition and determination and a call to exorcise one's self-doubt" 

Watch/listen below.