Friday, August 28, 2020

New Entry: The Receivers Release New Single "Only Human"

Yorkshire fuzzed-up indie-rockers The Receivers have released their new single "Only Human".

Recorded at Sugar House Music in St Helens, the single was written by lead singer Nick Aldous about wanting to be the best version of himself: "I’ve always felt a bit like I’m putting on an act when I’m on stage and I’d rather just be myself about it. The lead lyric, “I don’t want to be myself, but I don’t want to be anyone else” is inspired by not wanting to be a character and wanting to be a better version of myself when on stage and in the studio".

The track is out today (August 28) and it’s an anthemic song, harnessing self-belief and new-found confidence, in the vein of the likes of The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Cribs, Elastica and more.

Take a listen below.



(facebook.com/TheReceiversYO1)