Wednesday, July 15, 2020

New Entry: The Sea At Midnight Premieres New Single "We Share The Same Stars"

LA-based post punk/coldwave/synthwave artist Vince Grant aka The Sea At Midnight has premiered his new single "We Share The Same Stars".

The song, produced and mixed by Chris King of Cold Showers and with Brandon Pierce of Glaare on drums, will be out on August 21. Pre-order it here.

Inspired by classic post punk bands like The Cure, Joy Division, the Psychedelic Furs, Siouxsie and the Banshees, New Order and Echo and the Bunnymen, he bought his first guitar at 23 and started playing in local Chicago bands before eventually moving to Los Angeles.

"When working with Chris King, we approached every song asking “What is good for this song?” rather than “How can we make it sound like all the others or how can we make it sound like such and such band”. Each song has its own individual vibe and we didn’t want to rely on a sonic cookie cutter approach with the same musical template. That’s why I especially like bands such as The Cure and Depeche Mode. You know it’s them immediately, but each song has its own personality and style. If I strive for anything, it’s that - for The Sea At Midnight to be recognizable while, at the same time, each song has its own unique personality," says Vince Grant.

"This release was never supposed to happen. I thought my days of playing in bands and recording were over. If it weren't for fate, this record would have never been made. I had no intentions of recording ever again. For wont of a better word, the 'dark' scene is where I’m coming from. I also really feel a kinship to the cyberpunk esthetic. Lyrically many of the songs deal with my struggles with alcohol and drug addiction and coping with lifelong depression. I suppose there is a strong element of sadness to them, but I also feel they contain a glimmer of hope."

Take a listen below.



(facebook.com/theseaatmidnight)

Tags: The Sea at Midnight