Thursday, April 23, 2020

New Entry: Medicine Men Premiere New Single "Now...In The Desert"

Glasgow new wave/kraut rock/psych band Medicine Men have premiered their new single "Now...In The Desert".

The song is taken from their upcoming new album 'A Different Port', set to be released on May 15th via Last Night From Glasgow Records. Get your copy here.

The band's words: "This is a track that has been about 5 years in the making. My oldest friend from childhood Alan Henderson Jnr had a studio down at the Hidden Lane. We used to record at a different studio in the same lane and whenever I had finished for the night I always knew he’d still be in. He played me loads of different instrumental stuff he’d been working on but I remember one late night when he first played me a piece simply called “NOW”. I thought it was brilliant and asked him there and then if I could record a vocal for it. For one reason or another we never got round to it and the years (and years) went by and he moved out of the studio and all the way to Spain. Eventually, one day I get an email with a file attached so big it nearly broke my computer, and it was the track I had asked him for all those years ago. I had assumed that it had been lost in transit during his various moves between countries. But luckily it hadn’t. So I took it in to the band, we added some synths, some real drums, some real bass, and of course the vocal, but we retained the original African blues tinged vibe that Hendy had originally. Much of that percussion and instrumentation is exactly the same. Thankfully, Gordon McNeil managed to bring it all together so well for us in the mix."

Take a listen below.


(facebook.com/medicinemenband)

Tags: Medicine Men