Friday, February 21, 2020

Watch: The fin. Unveil New Single "Over The Hill"

Japanese indie rock/synth pop/ethereal duo The fin. have unveiled their new single "Over The Hill".

The song, recorded and mixed by the duo's Yuto Uchino, is out today (February 21) via Hip Land Music. It was created before moving to London in 2016 and has an indie rock and dreamy shoegaze sound with a dashing 8-beat rhythm, floating vocals and a noisy guitar. Mastering by Joe Lambert (Toro y Moi, Daughter and Wild Nothing).

Uchino's words: "A few years ago, before moving from Tokyo to London. When I was playing with a friend at Kobe Seaside Park called Meriken Park, someone asked me to write a song for this moment. I made a demo but I've been asleep for a long time. When I was recording and mixing again in the new studio, I felt like opening a lost chest somewhere. In the song, you should hear the real waves and wind sounds recorded when you were playing at the time. Even if you are not there, the scenery of your hometown always reminds you of your coordinates."

Grab it here and stream it below.


(facebook.com/ThefinMusic)

Tags: The fin.