Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Generationals Announce New LP 'Reader As Detective', Air "I Turned My Back on the Written Word"

New Orleans indie pop-rock duo Generationals have announced the release of their new album 'Reader As Detective'.

The album will be out on July 19th, and is the result of purposeful time spent honing Generationals’ craft as progressive songwriters. With the help of producer and longtime collaborator Dan Black, they dug into new methods of creation with a fearlessness for experimentation that is equally vital to the experience of both artist and listener. Pre-order your copy here.

Reader As Detective weds vintage pop canon and modern pop production in a way this duo has proven incomparably adept. From the cornerstone sample of “I Turned My Back on the Written Word,” (a recontextualization of an unreleased b-side) to the playful synths & stuttered drums of “Dream Box,” and jogging rhythms of "Breaking Your Silence," Generationals continue to push the envelope by playing by their own rules.

Check out the album's tracklist and the video for their new single "I Turned My Back on the Written Word", below.

Reader As Detective Tracklist:
01. I’ve Been Wrong Before
02. I Turned My Back on the Written Word
03. Breaking Your Silence
04. A List of the Virtues
05. Gatekeeper
06. Xeno Bobby
07. Society of Winners
08. Deadbeat Shiver
09. Save This For Never
10. Dream Box


(facebook.com/generationals)

Tags: Generationals