Thursday, April 04, 2019

Watch: j.r. Releases Music Video For New Single "Be My Man"

Canadian alternative/pop artist j.r. (aka Julianna Riolino) has released the video for her new single "Be My Man".

“This song is about making the same mistake over and over, hoping that you learn from it. Going into a new relationship with unbridled confidence that a disaster isn't waiting to happen. It was inspired by leaving the city and going back to my hometown. Hitting roadblocks and trying again. Stumbling into love and hoping for the best.Taking a leap of faith. Believing truths wrapped in lies.

Is a plea to let go of the past and believe in the present. At the time of recording, an abusive relationship had depleted my confidence and amplified my self-doubt. This song is a reflection of that period in my life and my response to an angry man.I know what I want – to love and be loved.I don’t care about the past. I’m just thinking about how great the future could be.”

Watch the video below.