Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Kaiser Chiefs Drummer/Songwriter Nick Hodgson Quits The Band

Kaiser Chiefs co-founder Nick Hodgson has announced that he has quit the band.

Hodgson revealed the news today (December 4) via Twitter posting: "I can confirm I have left Kaiser Chiefs after 15 spectacular years. I'm moving on. I wish the rest of the band the very best!" 

Lead singer Ricky Wilson responded to the news writing: "The door is on the latch and the key under the mat. X"

Bass player Simon Rix also expressed his well wishes to Hodgson, tweeting: "I can exclusively confirm we will still be collaborating on pints in pubs."

Away from the band, Hodgson runs the Chewing Gum record label and owns the Chewdio record label where bands such as The Vaccines, Mark Ronson and Ryan Jarman have all recorded material. He has also written songs for Duran Duran and Shirley Bassey, working closely with DJ and producer Mark Ronson.