Friday, November 15, 2013

Johnny Marr On Releasing Autobiography: "Is going to happen"

Following Morrissey's well-publicised recent memoirs, former Smiths bandmate Johnny Marr has revealed that he is set to begin writing his autobiography after signing a book deal.

Talking with Brooklyn Began recently, the Smiths legend said: 

"I've had so many offers and so many people advising me that my story is worth it, but I understand it's something that I have to do."

"I'll do it in the next couple of years. I'm into from the stance that I want it to be so thorough that I don’t make a record or tour whilst I was doing it. It is gonna happen, and I've already made an agreement with a publisher for it, so I will get it done." 

As well as his now seminal work with The Smiths in the 80's, Johnny Marr has worked with many different musicians and bands on a lot of projects, including Electronic, The The, Modest Mouse and The Cribs.

Marr released his debut solo album 'The Messenger' in February.