Thursday, July 18, 2019

Iggy Pop Announces New Album 'Free', Airs Title Track

Rock legend Iggy Pop has announced the release of his new album titled simply 'Free'.

The follow-up to 2016's Post Pop Depression, will be released on September 6th. via Rekords Rekords/Loma Vista/Caroline International. Pre-order your copy here,

According to the press release, the album, described as “uniquely somber and contemplative,” features collaborators Noveller and Leron Thomas. “This is an album in which other artists speak for me, but I lend my voice,” Iggy says.

“By the end of the tours following Post Pop Depression, I felt sure that I had rid myself of the problem of chronic insecurity that had dogged my life and career for too long. But I also felt drained. And I felt like I wanted to put on shades, turn my back, and walk away. I wanted to be free. I know that’s an illusion, and that freedom is only something you feel, but I have lived my life thus far in the belief that that feeling is all that is worth pursuing; all that you need—not happiness or love necessarily, but the feeling of being free. So this album just kind of happened to me, and I let it happen.” He continues.

Check out the album's tracklist and stream "Free", below.

Free Tracklist:
01. Free
02. Loves Missing
03. Sonali
04. James Bond
05. Dirty Sanchez
06. Glow In The Dark
07. Page
08. We Are The People
09. Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night
10. The Dawn