Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Drums Announce New LP 'Brutalism', Stream "Body Chemistry"

The Drums have announced the release of their new album titled 'Brutalism'.

The follow-up to 2017’s Abysmal Thoughts', will be out on April 5th via Anti-Records, and according to the press release, is defined by growth, transformation and questions, but It doesn't provide all the answers. Brutalism is a form of simplistic architecture defined by blocks of raw concrete. Pre-order your copy here.

The record is rooted in an emotional rawness but its layers are soft, intricate and warm, full of frivolous and exquisitely crafted pop songs that blast sunlight and high energy in the face of anxiety, solitude and crippling self-doubt.  

'Brutalism' is about a love so intense you feel destroyed by it, it is defined by vulnerability. It is truly pop at its core with thoroughly modern production. “I love pop but I feel that there's a sensitivity that's missing,” Pierce says of the landscape. He wants to sacrifice ego in favor of tenderness. “I wanted to make a pop record where I'm not declaring how great I am,” he laughs. “I'm questioning if I could ever be great? I'm a grown man saying: ' I feel more crazy than ever. I feel lost. I'm terrified of the future.'”” . 

The band have also shared the album's first single "Body Chemistry", take a listen below the record's tracklist.

Tracklist:
01. Pretty Cloud
02. Body Chemistry
03. 626 Bedford Avenue
04. Brutalism
05. Loner
06. I Wanna Go Back
07. Kiss It Away
08. Nervous
09. Blip of Joy



(facebook.com/wearethedrums)

Tags: The Drums