Friday, November 16, 2018

New Entry: Generationals Unveil "Kid" (The Pretenders cover)

New Orleans indie pop-rock duo Generationals have unveiled their take on The Pretenders' 1979 song "Kid".

The song features on the new collection State Dogs: Singles 2017-1, which will hit the stores on December 7 via Polyvinyl Record Company. Pre-order it here.

"I try not to get too hung up on heroes but I make an exception for Chrissie Hynde. I think she's the best. She is my favorite lyricist ever. As a kid in the 90s, I first saw her when the Pretenders played 'Night in My Veins' on SNL and I was immediately changed. I spent years going through all of her songs. I'll never get enough. 'Kid' was the second single the Pretenders ever released and it's still one of the best in a long catalogue of absolute killer songs."

Stream it it below.


(facebook.com/generationals)

Tags: Generationals